Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 Chat & Share
 Playgroup
 Talent Plus Playgroup in Jurong West
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

Juweeta

Singapore
2 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  18:36:20 Show Profile Edit Topic Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
Hi there,

I would be sending my son to this playgroup next year and wonder if parents could be present with their child during their lessons?

I'm quite worry if my child wouldn't want to attend the class and keep crying. Can anyone advise me?

Regards,

Juweeta

Nina

Singapore
223 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  22:43:00 Show Profile Edit Reply Send Nina an ICQ Message Click to see Nina's MSN Messenger address Send Nina a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Juweeta,

I also just enroll my son to this talentplus playgroup in marine parade,parents are allow to sit in for the first 3 days, when i left my son there for the next few days,he did cried for quite sometime,after the second week,he seems like can accept tht i will be leaving him there for 2 hours and come back to fetch him,he stop crying already and i always tell him to be good and i promise to go fetch him early, no more tears and he even waves byebye to me now. I quite surprised he can adapted fast with the playgroup, but i think its also depends on the child individual itself. Another thing tht worrying me is since he joined the playgroup he get sick easily,,from runny nose,fever and cough...well i guess this is a normal thing that will happen once the kid mixed up with society but i wondering why some parents so inconsiderate knowing their child is sick but still let them go for the lesson...well just sharing my own experience recently..hopes will help

cheers'
Nina
quote:
Originally posted by Juweeta
Hi there,

I would be sending my son to this playgroup next year and wonder if parents could be present with their child during their lessons?

I'm quite worry if my child wouldn't want to attend the class and keep crying. Can anyone advise me?

Regards,

Juweeta

Go to Top of Page

tamarind

Singapore
174 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  10:45:10 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Juweeta,
Which Talent Plus at Jurong West is your child attending ?

My girl attends the one at Blk 661D, directly opposite the Boon Lay MRT station. The teacher is very flexible, she allows the parents to be with the kids as long as they like. The parents can also sit outside the class just beside the door which remains open, so the child can see them. I really dislike those which close all the doors and windows so parents don't know what's happening inside.

My girl didn't cry at all when she first attended last month. I think partly because she is already 3 years old, and she has been attending gym class on her own.

But surprisingly not many new kids cry, they seem to settle down very quickly. I think the teacher plays a very important part. She seems to be able to keep all the children under control.

Nina,
How old is your son ? I started sending to my girl to playgroup when she was 20 months old, but stopped after 1 month because she often got sick. I don't like the idea of having very young kids confined to a small area, especially air-con room. Kids 18 - 30 months old are too young to understand basic hygiene. I will be sending my young boy to daily playgroup only when he turns 3 years old.

Frequent fever and cough can turn into bronchitis, which can result in asthma in the long run.
Go to Top of Page

Juweeta

Singapore
2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  19:13:57 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Tamarind,

After reading your artical I quite worry with your last sentence. Well, my son ever had mild bronchitis when he was 2 months old.
Till now he often sick had cough but no wheezing. I'm quite worry if I send him for his playgroup he might get worst.

Anyway I'm sending my son to the Talent Plus Playgroup in street 91 (can't remember the block no.) Any advise?

Regards,

Juweeta
Go to Top of Page

tamarind

Singapore
174 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  15:25:27 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Juweeta,
I have not been to Talent Plus at Street 91 before.

I would advise that you find a PG with no air-con for your son. If cannot find, then you can consider sending to childcare centre for half day. There are many cc in our area which are non air-con.

It is quite common for children to fall sick, especially in air-con classroom. You should also consider sending your child to nursery only when he is 4 years old. By then all the other kids are older and will not fall sick so often, then your child will not be infected so easily.
Go to Top of Page

Nina

Singapore
223 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  10:14:18 Show Profile Edit Reply Send Nina an ICQ Message Click to see Nina's MSN Messenger address Send Nina a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Tamarind, my son is 22 months now,he was attended the talentplus class in July,and get sick so easily for the past 2 weeks in July,after i withdraw him out,he never falls sick anymore,i also think it might be the aircon in the class is too strong,i did complain to the teacher about the aircon but they said they already open up all the window.I also paid for august fees already but then i tell them tht i will postponed the class to september and let my boy rest for 1 month,i got no choice becuz already paid for it..so lets see if resume back to the class this coming september and my boy get sick again,i will totally withdraw him out from the playgroup.
Go to Top of Page

hui32

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  00:53:17 Show Profile Edit Reply Send hui32 an ICQ Message Click to see hui32's MSN Messenger address Send hui32 a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
im nt sure whether its good anot, but i enrol my gal for next yr nursery one @ boon lay (st francis of assisi) http://www.sfakbl.com/
Go to Top of Page

gerber8080

1 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  17:13:08 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Hui,
I might enrol my ger to St francis as well. But i yet to take a look at the school
Go to Top of Page

phay

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  08:27:57 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi there do we need to register if we wants to let kids join the playgroup? anyone got suggestion? i am thinking of senting my son who will be 2 yrs old next year to one.
Go to Top of Page

ryanwife

52 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  13:22:30 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I am considering talent plus for my girl so that she could have some play time with other children. If not, it would be the whole day with grandma and grandpa. Grandma doesnt like her to travel so cant go to far and talent plus is just at the cc nearby. I would love to hear from anyone who has any comments about talent plus (eg what do they do? teacher to student ratio? experiences? do they allow you to take on 2-3 times per week arrangement? any outdoor time?). I am planning to check them out personally in a few weeks time.

Cheers, Ivy
Go to Top of Page

phay

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  10:00:04 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi ivy,

you want to go together. i am thinking of sending my son to either 1/2 day childcare or playgroup. cause i think my mil will raise this any moment. sigh...

phay
Go to Top of Page

ryanwife

52 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:04:54 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi phay...wont mind but which centre are you trying? i want to try the centre near my in laws place which is at gulliemard. got to be near them as they prob have to help me to fetch the girl back and forth on my working days. dont want them to take bus as my kid very active and may be difficult for them.

cheers, Ivy
Go to Top of Page

phay

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  08:20:37 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
err where is gulliemard? my in-law live in jurong west st 41

phay
Go to Top of Page

ryanwife

52 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  15:35:07 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
it is very far from jurong east. near national stadium. i prefer to go to one which i intend to put my kids as i think the teachers are very impt. must see them to decide. will prob go next week as this week bringing my girl to julia gabriel.

cheers, Ivy
Go to Top of Page

phay

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  10:11:34 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi anyone heard of starlearner? I am considering sending my son to tat since one of the teacher who used to be my ds saturday class teacher will be teaching.

phay
Go to Top of Page

Cindy

Singapore
75 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  12:11:18 Show Profile Visit Cindy's Homepage Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Ryanwife,

TalentPlus is going to have a orientation on the 4th Dec 2006 at Blk 5 Pine Close. If you are saying you are looking for 1 near Gullimard, then, i think Pine Close should be quite a convenient place for your in-law.

Cheers!
Cindy

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/samyh77/my_photos

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cndy_sam/my_photos

Go to Top of Page

hui32

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  21:56:02 Show Profile Edit Reply Send hui32 an ICQ Message Click to see hui32's MSN Messenger address Send hui32 a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gerber8080
Hi Hui,
I might enrol my ger to St francis as well. But i yet to take a look at the school

hi gerber8080
have u reg yet? whre u stying?
sch starting soon lei...
Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03