Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Recommendations!
 Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner - Worth buying?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Next Page
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic
Page  of 8Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

lcsean

Singapore
343 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  10:29:22 Show Profile Edit Topic Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
Hi,

Saw the demo and was totally disgusted and shock with what I have on the bed! Also, never know the bed and pillow can be so dirty.

I am really puzzled... is the rainbow cleaner really worth the investment? At $3.2k, is the price worth it? Need advise ...

9.23 KB

my_rock_baby

Singapore
1770 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  11:23:12 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I think I saw somewhere in this forum few months ago.... there is a company that will come to your house to do the cleaning of mattress for you (do they also use rainbow??). If yes, can someone who has used the service, give me the contact?

Mummy of LiNuS

My photo album @ http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/my_rock_baby/my_photos
My homepage @ http://www.geocities.com/my_angel_linus
Go to Top of Page

my_rock_baby

Singapore
1770 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  11:33:13 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
found this old topic on Rainbow :
http://www.baybsupplies.biz/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3592&SearchTerms=rainbow,vacuum

Mummy of LiNuS

My photo album @ http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/my_rock_baby/my_photos
My homepage @ http://www.geocities.com/my_angel_linus
Go to Top of Page

lcsean

Singapore
343 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  11:41:38 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I can give you the contact and you can get them to clean your mattress free cos they gave me 8 vouchers to recommend friends or relatives for the service.

Yes they use rainbow machine

9.23 KB
Go to Top of Page

snggy

Singapore
554 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  13:56:55 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see snggy's MSN Messenger address Send snggy a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Yes, I think the cleaner is good. I had one and use it regularly for my beds. Agree that it was yucky to see the dirt. :) As my son had asthma, so we bought it mainly for him. And the dirt gets less actually. So I guess it really removes the dirt from our beds. But I also think it is damn expensive. Haiz....
Go to Top of Page

michelleshesg

Singapore
590 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  23:10:15 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see michelleshesg's MSN Messenger address Send michelleshesg a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
snggy- after cleaning yr beds several x using rainbow, any improvement on yr son's asthma?

Icsean- got extra coupon to spare? me also interested, i want to see the difference btwn rainbow and delphin. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

lcsean

Singapore
343 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  18:02:53 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi,
I do, but just let you know too... I think together with the demo, they may also want to sell you their vacuum cleaner or their cleaning package.

However, at the end of the day, it's really up to you to see if you want it or not. There's no obligation.. but hor.. haha, you must know what you want and be firm. Don't be taken in by sales talk... buy it only if you really need. :-)

:-)Cindy

9.23 KB
Go to Top of Page

michelleshesg

Singapore
590 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  23:51:24 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see michelleshesg's MSN Messenger address Send michelleshesg a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi cindy

hv pm u liao.

Go to Top of Page

snggy

Singapore
554 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  23:19:55 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see snggy's MSN Messenger address Send snggy a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Not sure if it helps the asthma. But feels better that the bed is cleaner loh....
Don't need voucher for the demo. If you want, I can ask one of the sales rep to call you. But as mentioned, they will tryh to sell at the end. If u don't want, need to be firm.
Go to Top of Page

lcsean

Singapore
343 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  23:22:51 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Heehee... that's great.

I've given all the vouchers away already. :-) So tempted to buy but eventually did not lah... heehee... too many objections lah. :-)

9.23 KB
Go to Top of Page

lovelybay

Singapore
102 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  15:13:26 Show Profile Visit lovelybay's Homepage Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Ya my parent is using Rainbow vaccum cleaner. It really can helps that you all mention above. But the problem is quite heavy cos my mum have back pain so they are thinking of selling out half price.

Dun worry. Always be a Happy Person.:)
Go to Top of Page

lcsean

Singapore
343 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  15:39:14 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi lovelybay,

Your parents bought at what price and how much are they selling? :-) Haha, even though i did not buy, still tempted lah.. :-)

9.23 KB
Go to Top of Page

lovelybay

Singapore
102 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006 :  07:35:04 Show Profile Visit lovelybay's Homepage Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Icsean,

they bought it at $3k+ and use not more than 10times so willing sell it off at $1500 (half price lo)

Dun worry. Always be a Happy Person.:)
Go to Top of Page

syg

Singapore
1313 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  10:22:23 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hi lovelybay,

how old is the machine? does it come with one or two speeds? is this the one that acts as an air purifier? i was thinking of getting one myself.. but the super ex price kind of made me re think and re think again... thanks so much..

genevieve

Go to Top of Page

janetyeo

Singapore
57 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  23:43:59 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I saw the demo too... I love the system but I find the salesman not reliable... The new set is too expensive and I couldn't afford it... then he tried to sell me what he said was their display set of the older model at 1/3 the original price but when he brought the set to my house, it looks like a long-used set like that, though he said he will change the parts and accessories for me but I really feel uncomfortable with it... So i changed my mind... He left the set at my house and still did not collect it back from me... So I called his partner, then she sort of hinted to me that it was a trade-in set by their previous customers... Now I have cancelled the cheque which was meant to be a deposit becos I really feel cheated lor... now I lose confidence in the product cos of the salesman...

8.15 KB
Go to Top of Page

HeadacheMummy

Singapore
125 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  11:40:09 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Snggy,
How do you find the Rainbow v/cleaners? Is it easy to use. How is the noise level? Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

snggy

Singapore
554 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  23:04:32 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see snggy's MSN Messenger address Send snggy a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Personally I find that the Rainbow cleaner is good. Mine is the new version which has 2 speed level. Basically if you want to clean the bed, it will be the higher speed one which is noisy. So I normally use it when my kids are awake. One thing I don't like about it is that it is bulky. But I use it mainly for the bed and 1-2 times a month of trouble using it is fine for me.
Go to Top of Page

leonee

448 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  00:43:24 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
can someone please PM me the rainbow contact for demo?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

HeadacheMummy

Singapore
125 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  09:54:51 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Thanks Snggy.

Did the salesman says it is a good cleaner for bed or dustmites? Anyone can provide me with the www address for Rainbow? I saw on Yahoo auction someone selling Rainbow V/Cleaner e-series for $600 only, but without much info, selling nozzle separatly. Does Rainbow comes with many different tube and nozzle to assemble?
Go to Top of Page

syg

Singapore
1313 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  10:11:13 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
hmm i am wondering if they would have a promotion on the above ath the motherhood fair tom...
and yeah i agree that it can be a bit bulky.... would have trouble walking into my storeroom if i bot it..

Go to Top of Page

STRAIGHT_TALK

Singapore
10 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  11:47:24 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I know you mummies/guys won't like to hear this, but the vacuum cleaner is highly questionable..
Think about it, would you REALLY pay $3k+ for a vacuum cleaner that does EXACTLY the same function as any other vacuum cleaner found in the market, for less than $200?
Yeah, wet dust do not fly, agree, but what about dust? There’s no way we can stop it, right? They're everywhere! Anyway, go read in the internet for several articles in US on how Delphin, Rainbow and Kirby vacuum hard-sell their vacuum cleaners. They try to convince you it’s an air purifier, but let's face it...you gonna use a vacuum cleaner for your kid and tell others it's an air purifier? C'mon! Get real! Please don’t part your hard-earned money over such a lame excuse.
It's more prudent to spend your money on your kids' education instead...
To add, their demos, speech and stories are ALL well-rehearsed way ahead before they even start selling to you!
In case you still do not understand, Kirby is just another brand of vacuum, but their marketing strategies are exactly the same as the rest of the hard-sell tactics employed to sell these vacuum cleaners, which strangely, are not sold in any reputable department stores. Scary, isn’t it? You can go to other websites such as the following and make your own judgment. Cheers:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff4208.htm
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/in_home/kirby_demo.html
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-review-796-31326BF3-39A8E21A-prod5/show_~allcom

This synopsis is from a book found in an e-bookstore website:

eBook 2004 Rainbow e Series Vacuum Cleaner -- What Vacuum Salesmen Don't want you to know!
by Snap Vac
Description: “How much is too Much”? This information is GUARANTEED to save you hundreds and in some cases up to $1000.00 on “Specific New Vacuum” purchases! Find out about the methods Distributors and Dealers use to make a profit, rip-offs with trade-in vacuum values, the scam called demonstration, manufacturer and dealer cost, as well as brokerage fees and what “they” do with your trade-in vacuum. Learn techniques for negotiating, how to save money, and advice on buying ANY NEW VACUUM. You can trust my advice because I’ve worked in the vacuum industry for more than a decade. Did you know you can cancel your contract? Learn what the bottom selling price is of most brands of vacuums sold door-to-door. It will be hard to believe how much mark up there is per vacuum verses the actual cost. You can finally enjoy your vacuum-buying experience, and make a deal at the same time. Learn the secrets in What Vacuum Salesmen Don't Want You to Know and happy vacuum buying!
Printed: £11.54
Download: £7.26
License: Standard Copyright License
Go to Top of Page
Page  of 8Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.3 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03