Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 Secret Recipes
 Recipes for the family
 Liang Cha
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

cindylau_77

Singapore
995 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  17:31:50 Show Profile Edit Topic Send cindylau_77 a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
Hi mummies, besides the crysanthemum tea and barley drink. May I know what other stuffs do you make for the family to cool off the heatiness?
I have also tried chuan pei with the pear.

Would like to make more for the family as they will be taking lots of CNY goodies soon.

Edited by - prettymama on 08/31/2006 02:00:04

Eileen

Singapore
2487 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  21:57:56 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Cindy,

U can try the following recipes:

Sugar Cane n water chestnut tea
Ingredients
Sugar Cane - 600g, washed n cut into 10cm length
Cogongrass root (bai mai gen/maw gun) -100g
Sugared winter melon strips - 100g
Water chestnuts - 20 to 25, peeled
Water - 2 litres or 8 bowls

Method
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
Simmer for up to 3 hours.
Drink warm.

Lotus sees, longan, Solomon's seal n barley (can serve hot or cold)
Ingredients
Precooked lotus sees - 50
Dried longan flesh - 75g, washed n drained
Solomon' seal (yu chok/yu zhu) - 50g
Barley - 50g, washed n drained
Water - 2 litres or 8 bowls
Rock Sugar - 150g

Method
Except for rock sugar, combine all other ingredients in a large saucepan.
Simmer over low heat for 45 min.
Add sugar, adjust sweetness to taste
Simmer 10 min more.
Remove frm heat n serve

Can also make cheng ting at home. It's not very difficult but i always agak agak.
Ingredients
pre cooked Lotus seeds
Pre cooked gingko nuts
Winter melon strips
White fungus (white cloud ears)
Dried longans
Pre cooked melon seeds
Go to Top of Page

MatrixCow

3211 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  21:58:04 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
ju hua can be mix with jing ying hua, lo han guo and ginseng roots also for a higher potency liang teh.

easy one with just hot water (no need boil) - american ginseng + honey

most convenient one is 3 leg brand cooling water - <$1 fr med halls

green beans + lily bulbs + winter melon sugar strips - sweet so gd for kids. green beans clean the blood of toxin and lily bulbs clear lungs heat

old cucumber + pork ribs - use as a meal time soup

watercress + ikan billis - quick boil of the veg its v cooling soup

water chestnut + dried sugar cane - more for kids
Go to Top of Page

annieloh

Singapore
337 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  23:47:45 Show Profile Edit Reply Send annieloh a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
'yi mai fu zu pak guo'- barley, fu zuk (dried beancurd skin), ginko nuts & eggs
soak the fu zuk till soft & boil tog w barley & ginko nuts. Add rock sugar when boiled. Lastly add in beaten egg.
Simple yet tasty, healthy & nutritious.

Go to Top of Page

annieloh

Singapore
337 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  23:53:45 Show Profile Edit Reply Send annieloh a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
when i cooked the ching teng, i always make sure i had 8 items - 'ba bao tang'
Lotus seeds, gingko nuts, Winter melon strips, White fungus (white cloud ears)Dried longans, dried lily bulb, sago, barley or 'pong tua hai' ( like seaweeds)

Go to Top of Page

cindylau_77

Singapore
995 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  10:24:40 Show Profile Edit Reply Send cindylau_77 a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
annieloh, i also always make the barley with beancurd and ginko nuts. but my girl don't like them. she hates the beancurd floating in the water. usually, she likes drinks with no "particles" floating in the water

Go to Top of Page

annieloh

Singapore
337 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  02:26:20 Show Profile Edit Reply Send annieloh a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
did u get the special beancurd for 'tang shui'. It will totally dissolve when boiled. They always asked me is it soya milk I added for that dessert cos it jus looks like soya milk w added barley & ginko nuts.

Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03