Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 Secret Recipes
 Recipes for babies from 6 months to 1 year
 si sen powder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

penst

122 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  17:12:24 Show Profile Edit Topic Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
hi, i have been told that adding "si sen" powder to milk or porridage may improve appetite of baby
has anyone tried this?
i have bought a bottle from eu yan sang, told to give only a quarter teaspoon to porridge

penst

dzaemin

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  09:54:15 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
what is 'si sen' powder? pardon my ignorance but interested to find out!

http://jazzmint.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Erica Lai

756 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  21:43:13 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Si sen is 4 types of chinese herbs, I only know one of them is known as "lian zi", other 3 dunno.

Elias's first food is home made brown rice with si sen mixed. I went to a Chinese herbal store and said I need to do 1 kg of brown rice, they will decide for you how much of si sen to give you, maybe about $1.50 worth, I think.

Wash it, dry it in the sun and then grind in with the brown rice.

Go to Top of Page

dzaemin

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  06:35:16 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Is there a specific age for the bb to take 'si sen'? so far, my bb hasnt taken anything of such beefore.

Go to Top of Page

penst

122 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  10:37:01 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
eu yang sang sells si sen brown rice, already mixed together, it's about S$8 per can, cant remember wt though, could be about 500 to 700 gm. not sure when can start giving si sen, so far i have not added much to the porridge about quarter teaspoon into a chinese bowl of porridge, instructions on the bottle says it can be made into a drink. havent tried that either
Go to Top of Page

dzaemin

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:09:07 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
thanks for the info. i will check it out! :)

Go to Top of Page

Andric

Singapore
334 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  09:55:12 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
i bought the si sen brown rice from carrefour. issit the same si sen that you all talking abt? i'm feeding my bb bow who is 8 mths old. is it too heaty to feed him brown rice everyday? what about cereal? can i feed him that everyday?

Andric's mummy
Go to Top of Page

dzaemin

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  23:37:56 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
i havent tried si sen powder but brown rice, yes. it is good for baby because it releases energy slowly. brown rice is also very filling. cereal is ok to feed everyday - do u mean cereal as in baby rice cereal?

im 'skeptical' if im not sure what the ingredients are inside for bb. my bb has a lot of allergies. it is worth finding out what all the ingredients are in 'si sen' powder. does it sound like 'si sen' as in sacrifice in mandarin?

Go to Top of Page

Andric

Singapore
334 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  09:37:48 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
i fed him a few times of the si sen brown rice and he din finish it. so i gathered he does not like the taste. i tried feeding him the nestle brown rice and he took it well so i guessed the nestle is sweeter?

Andric's mummy
Go to Top of Page

Stayzz

Singapore
1108 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  19:12:48 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see Stayzz's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
my son 4.5mth have already started on si sen brown brown which can be bought from ntuc. i add 3oz of it with 4oz milk (total 7oz) every 4hr. so far so gd. i tried giving it to him in between feed and find that its very filling for bb, cos once i gave him the rice itself, he could only finish 3oz of milk 2hr later.

andric: i heard nestle is sweeter comparede to other brands. my son dun take it.

Go to Top of Page

Andric

Singapore
334 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  09:51:32 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Ya, Stazz, the nestle is sweeter cos when my in laws add milk into the sisen brown rice, bb took all.but with the nestle, no milk is required. but taking too much brown rice is causing bb constipation.

Andric's mummy
Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03