Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Everything else!
 Thermal cooking pot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Next Page
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic
Page  of 2Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  14:33:43 Show Profile Edit Topic Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
Will like to buy a thermal cooking pot. Can anyone advise me on the following:

1) Where to get good buy?
2) Brand?
3) Capacity for a family of 4?

Thanx.

eeyore

226 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  10:20:21 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see eeyore's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
gafield,

you should be able to get them from any shopping centres.
i'm using Sakura brand, bought it from a home exihibition.
it's 3 litres can be using for a family of 4.

Singapore Sales is coming...wait a few more weeks
Most probably can get good buy from Robinson or Taka

http://www.dumex.com.sg/members/tickers/100991/ticker5.png
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  09:12:08 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Thanx eeyore. Yah hor. Great Singapore Sales coming, how can I forget. Ok will wait.

Go to Top of Page

mami35

245 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  21:46:18 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
gafield, i think these 3 brands have the thermal pot :

endo
tiger
thermos
Go to Top of Page

dodo

Singapore
25 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  20:41:26 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
TRY Thermos shuttle chef 4.5l. If you are a isetan member. They are having a sales tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  15:09:43 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi all,

I finally bought a thermal pot at taka GSS. I bought the tiger 4.5l and get a endo 2.5l free. Paid around $150 after discount and voucher. Have tried making barly drink and soup with the 2.5l endo one. Super! I boiled the barley water in the evening around 8pm and the next morning at around 7am, it is still warm. For soup, it has no problem maintaing the heat from 7am to around 7pm. Have yet to try my tiger 4.5l one.

Now I have one small problem. How to make porridge hah? I am making for my girl, so one person portion only. Which mean I cannot add too much water. The instruction says the inner pot must be at least 50% filled. How hah?

Go to Top of Page

patntee

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  23:04:12 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Yes indeed the small Endo pot is wonderful for 1-2 person meals. Bought it recently at Isetan for $20+. To cook porridge it shouldn't be difficult to fill up to 50% mark with water plus ingredients as the rice will soak up a lot of water. There is double usage for the pot as you can cook rice with the upper tray at the same time that your porridge is cooking below in the thermal pot. Just add boiling water to the uncooked rice (about half cup) in the upper tray.
Go to Top of Page

sieulan

Singapore
138 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  11:43:11 Show Profile Visit sieulan's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see sieulan's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi gafield,

Wah..So nice~
I intend to get one too~~
hm...wonder taka still has still sales for the Tiger 4.5L + Endo 2.5L free promotion or not?
Just $150 after discount? wau~
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  12:00:47 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Patntee,

I tried to make porridge twice yesterday (once in the morning and checked in the evening; and once around 7pm and checked this morning) with my 2.5l endo. The first time, the porridge turned out too watery and the second time, it turned out too dry. But both times, the porridge is soft already. May I know what is the capacity of your small endo thermal pot? Is it the 1.5l one? You get it from Isetan recently? Wonder whether they stil have it?

Sieulan,
Yes taka still have the 4.5l tiger + 2.5l endo free promo but the 10% discount I think no more already. I get it for S$137.10 cos' I used my taka card (so 10% discount) plus I have $60 taka voucher. Else it is $219. If you find it too ex. (which I do until I remembered I have the vouchers), you can buy the endo one. My friend has the endo 6l and she said it's very good. I am very please with my endo 2.5l. Only thing is that I still don't know how to cook porridge but I think it's only a matter of trial and error.

Go to Top of Page

sieulan

Singapore
138 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  12:28:56 Show Profile Visit sieulan's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see sieulan's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Gafiel,

Thanks for your reply.
Hm...i do not have Taka card...sigh..
Nvm..I check it out for ENDO. Well..My friend told me there is one offer at Giant for Morris 5L(come with two SS pot:5L & 2L together) for $59(orig.$79). But I wonder whether this brand good?
like that can cook 2 dishes together? Hmm..Just wonder whether 2 dishes could be cooked nicely or it will affect each other dishes?
Go to Top of Page

patntee

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  23:31:03 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
gafield, just realised mine is 1.8l. 2.5l maybe slightly big to cook for 1 child. The Isetan sale was 2 weeks ago, should have ended but with the GSS, maybe it will come back on sale at one of the departmental stores.
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  09:28:45 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Patntee,

Yes, I think my 2.5 l endo is too big for one person porridge. Will keep a lookout for a smaller one. Thanx :>

Go to Top of Page

sieulan

Singapore
138 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  16:45:17 Show Profile Visit sieulan's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see sieulan's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Gafield,

I bought the Morries 5L(come with two SS pot:5L & 2L together)from Giant Tampines.
Yesterday tried to make barley drink...boil on stove for 15mins then transfer to outer pot at 8.30pm..this morning 7.45am I opened..wah..got stream come out..phew!!so hot~~the barley had cooked nicely & soft..hm..nice leh~~hehe...wanna try to make tea egg one day~
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:04:37 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Sieulan,

Sorry, now then I check this thread.

Yes, yes. My endo 2.5l also as good. So far, I have tried bak gu teh, winter melon soup, green bean soup, chicken soup etc. All turned out well. The next thing I want to try is chicken stew.

Does yours come with recipe?

Edited by - gafield on 06/12/2008 14:41:26
Go to Top of Page

sieulan

Singapore
138 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  16:37:08 Show Profile Visit sieulan's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see sieulan's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Gafield,

It's okay~
Hm..no mine is not come with recipe..hehe..that's why cheaper?hehe..
ya..i tried the tea eggs..turn out nice..
hm..will try one day for bak gu teh.
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  09:31:33 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Sieulan,

You can get thermal cooking recipes from here:

http://www.thermalcookware.com/main.php?mod=Dynamic&id=23

Can you teach me how to make tea eggs?

Go to Top of Page

wolfgirl76

2707 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  15:06:52 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see wolfgirl76's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I use mine for chick peas... very nice. very soft. Good for kids.

Rain Renee 300506

Visit RR at www.raintanrenee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gafield

478 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  09:26:30 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Chick peas reminds me of kacang puteh!!! Woo, long, long time never eat already. How do you prepare?

Go to Top of Page

wolfgirl76

2707 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  20:54:11 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see wolfgirl76's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Just buy dried ones from supermarket. Boil for a while (3min) then put in thermal cooker. Should turn nicely soft after 1h. (depending on the amount you cook). For younger kids, maybe you just remove the skin b4 feeding them. (roll them between your fingers or palms and the skin will rub off easily.)
A nice and addictive snack for young and old...

The soft chick peas can be added to salads too. Yummy!

Now my mum cooks pumpkin-green bean soup with the thermal pot....after watching TW news that pumpkin green bean soup can lessen the effects of gasto-intestinal virus/HFMD

Rain Renee 300506

Visit RR at www.raintanrenee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Clement

Singapore
2006 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  22:25:36 Show Profile Visit Clement's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see Clement's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
chick peas remind me of humos. and falafel.

Go to Top of Page

sieulan

Singapore
138 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  23:42:07 Show Profile Visit sieulan's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see sieulan's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Thanks Gafield & wolfgirl76 for sharing the Thermal cooking recipes with me.
Go to Top of Page
Page  of 2Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.22 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03