Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Everything else!
 Fengshui Advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

angvada

Singapore
327 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  05:29:55 Show Profile Edit Topic Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
Hello,

In fengsui, there is 5 elements: gold, wood, water, fire, earth.

If bb lacks "wood" element, what can we use to replace?

For example, my ds lacks "gold", so we wear gold anklet for him since bb.

Cheers!

Joyce Long

Singapore
1815 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  08:25:20 Show Profile Visit Joyce Long's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see Joyce Long's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Angvada, don't mind ask are you chinese? If lack of wood, maybe the names of chinese names have the wood element. Or put small fengshui wood decorative items in yr baby room. In any case, best to consult yr fengshui expert.

Welcome to our photo gallery @ http://www.baybsupplies.biz/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=11470
Go to Top of Page

Kmama

Singapore
168 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  11:59:20 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see Kmama's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi angvada,

Ya I agree with Joyce tat for chinese alot of times if the baby lack certain element, you can add them in the baby's name since all of the element can be added to chinese words as a "side" and think most won;t change the pronouciation of tat word. But still best if u can consult a professional feng shui master.
Go to Top of Page

angvada

Singapore
327 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  20:42:23 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Joyce and kmama,

Thanks for your reply. In fact, we consulted Yu Long Zi for naming my bb gal. I forgot to ask him about what to replace the wood element that dd lacks. In fact, her name selection given are so complex and also got no wood element. Thus, till now still having headache over her chinese name.

Ya Joyce, I think you know that I am a chinese now hehe...
Go to Top of Page

Joyce Long

Singapore
1815 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  22:21:44 Show Profile Visit Joyce Long's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see Joyce Long's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Angvada, actually those names given by YLZ to you can't tell if they are from wood element. Cuz it can be ancient characters. There is a book/ s/w or website to tell if those character given to you are from wood element. Actually YLZ is quite good cuz my frens engage them. So if you used any one of his recommended names should be fine lah.

Welcome to our photo gallery @ http://www.baybsupplies.biz/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=11470

Edited by - Joyce Long on 09/06/2007 22:22:31
Go to Top of Page

Angelcow

Singapore
3415 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  00:35:39 Show Profile Visit Angelcow's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see Angelcow's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
in some schools of thought, adding the word which means the element (eg wood, water) to the chinese character doesnt give you the necessary element. it is the number of strokes which suggested the element that matters.

whether YLZ is good is very hard to commment.. coz no evidence!! but again, some schools of thought are against using very rare chinese characters.

Just sharing this:

yi4 ming4 er4 yun4 san fengshui. si4 mingzi. wu3 jiao4yu4. (first most important is your fate, then your luck. third is fenghsui, 4th is your name n 5th is education).

Edited by - Angelcow on 09/07/2007 00:37:53
Go to Top of Page

angvada

Singapore
327 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  01:28:10 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi angelcow,

thanks for your posting; I agree with you but because I had to follow hb family tradition to have child name picked by YLZ, I had no choice but cracked my head now as several chinese character after written in simplified form does not exist!

But the master still advice that have to use theirs becos of the number of stroke. If follow the simplified chinese words, then the no of stroke is wrong. But my concern is that since the word does not exist in the simplified chinese characters, then it must be tricky for my child next time lor.

Go to Top of Page

angvada

Singapore
327 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  01:31:16 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Just to give you an example, I chose the word "Ning" for my gal name. But I need to add in the female form of ning (means peaceful, as in ning2 jing4), which I could not locate in simplified chinese dictionary.

Anyone good in chinese can advice if such word exist
Go to Top of Page

jeannchua

929 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  11:15:02 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see jeannchua's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
haha ... angie is good lor ... she teaches chinese mah ....

alamak angie: studies is 5th ah?!?! wah lau!! i study so hard for what ... later go and queue for sat and sun's 4D .... fed up!!
Go to Top of Page

Sage

43 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:48:51 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
We oso consulted you long zi for our 2 kids' chinese names. Main reason's cos both our chinese cannot make i. So since gotta get someone to give them their chinese names, might as well pay a master to provide names that will supposedly 'harmonise' their lives.

angvada why do you still have to look for your own characters?. Thot youlongzi will give you a total of 20-24 characters. top row & bottom row. Those are the possible good character combination for your child. He will also suggest what is the best but sometimes the names really sound horrible that's why there are the other alternatives.

For my dd, we originally chose the combination of Yu Yan (cantonese) but translated to hanyupinyin, it is ru yin which sounds like ruin in english so we chose another combination. And according to youlongzi, dd's character is one who is introvert, studious & quiet. But reality... dd is outgoing, not shy, loud, super active, emotional. Not a quiet bone in her. Maybe the name we chose for her kinda over compensated. Hehehe.

Go to Top of Page

Angelcow

Singapore
3415 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  16:06:51 Show Profile Visit Angelcow's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see Angelcow's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angvada
Just to give you an example, I chose the word "Ning" for my gal name. But I need to add in the female form of ning (means peaceful, as in ning2 jing4), which I could not locate in simplified chinese dictionary.

Anyone good in chinese can advice if such word exist

I only kn such word existed because one of my student's name consist of the character you mentioned.

I have full respect for YLZ (i had my chinese name changed by him!) but somehow i think that because there are SO MANY pple asking him to name their babies, he had to come up with ancient and obsure characters or else everybody will end up having the same characters.

Actually, if you read up on "xingming xue" (the art of naming), it is not that difficult nor mysterious. since YLZ had given you the number of strokes that is auspicious and harmonious for your baby, all you have to do is to look up the dictionary for a more common word with the same number of strokes.

but some words' number of strokes in xingmingxue is different from our common counting of strokes in writing. eg, the "grass" head is 3 strokes in chinese but 6 strokes in xingmingxue, "heart" side is 3 strokes in chinese but 4 strokes in XMX.

To play safe, you can try looking up the dictionary for "female" side with 5 strokes on the other side of the character, and it is a second tone in Hanyupinyin. otherwise, just replace the "ning" with any character which has 8 strokes in XMX. If you are in doubt, i think you can consult YLZ with your choiced name. my friend didnt like any of the choices given by YLZ. So she used this method to name her DD and then asked YLZ whether it is ok. YLZ gave her the green light with the name she chose.

To me, the meaning of the name is as important as the number of strokes. I managed to convince a stubborn friend NOT to use the combination of the 2 words which meant "this is HuBei (a province in China)". So what if the strokes are auspicious? her name will be a laughing stock for those who understood the meaning of the words. There are enough chinese characters to go around to give good meaning and good number of strokes. exercise your choice. dont just leave everything to the master. it's your baby!

Edited by - Angelcow on 09/07/2007 16:08:30
Go to Top of Page

angvada

Singapore
327 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  12:07:21 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Based on Jeannchua's post, I suppose Angelcow is Angie ;-) But anyhow, I would like to thank you for your detailed explanation. After checking with Birth registration counter, they confirmed that right now they have the chinese software (both complex and simplified type) to key in the birth certificate.

After much pondering, we have decided to use the complex chinese character and thus confirmed my gal's name as Jia ning.

Thanks to all again

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

hui32

Singapore
308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  01:22:50 Show Profile Edit Reply Send hui32 an ICQ Message Click to see hui32's MSN Messenger address Send hui32 a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
i find that ylz gv the sets of characters repeated 1....my frd had almost the same characters as me...
but when we go back to him the 2nd time for my 2nd bb's name, we told him we want the same middle character, then he gv another set of names cos he said the 8 zhi cannot use that character

-Mrs Liow-
Go to Top of Page

Angelcow

Singapore
3415 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:06:09 Show Profile Visit Angelcow's Homepage Edit Reply Click to see Angelcow's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I just feel that instead of listening to one single person's opinions and words, we need to do some reading and have some background knowledge. otherwise, it's hard to tell from a real master and a crook. If I were you, i would ask how come that character cannot be used. what clashes has it got with the 8 pillars (ba zi). treat it as a form of knowledge gaining by being inquisitive. a real master will be able to tell you exactly why. otherwise... i may think he is just trying to sound mysterious. as in, "if you cannot convince, you confuse".

No offence to anyone. this is just my personal opinion and my approach when it comes to fortune telling/ naming babies etc.

Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.41 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03